Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cleansing

I decided to do a cleansing nutrition diet thing. Not because I have the "I feel fat"sies but because I've been eating terribly lately and because I want to see if I'm man enough to survive one of this week long cleaning sessions.

I'm not. 

This diet is technically enough food and nutrients to be a perfectly healthy adult. I am no where near "starving" myself. But I'm so frippin hungry. Moments ago I stole a cruton (I know it's full of msg, which makes me sick to my stomach).  This evening I craved ice cream (I don't really like ice cream). Earlier I was eying egg rolls at work (they have shrimp and pork in them, neither of which I eat). While I was babysitting and the child offered me her drool covered half eaten slice of cheese, I ate it with gusto. 

Some might point out that I've always been irrational when it comes to food and chalk the previous vignettes up to my adoration of the edible. I can concede this point. What I cannot explain is my irrational behavior, grumpiness, and the feeling that I'm going to throw up. I shouldn't be that hungry. 

Question of the day: what on God's green earth have I/we been eating that makes me go into shock when I go all veggie/no starch/all organic/appropriate portions? Not enough really green stuff, apparently.

Editor's Note:
Perhaps part of the reason I was feeling so sick: I ended up throwing up for three days straight after this post. A very different kind of cleanse than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment